Vital Stats:

Starring; Abhishek Bacchan, Priyanka Chopra, John Abraham, Kiron Kher, Boman Irani, Bobby Deol, Sushmita Mukherjee.

Director: Tarun Mansukhani
Length: 142 minutes


Plot: Sameer (Abhishek) and Kunal (John) are two guys in Miami Florida who suddenly find themselves out on the road without a place. By chance they both go to see the same place where they are told that only girls can occupy the two available rooms as Priyanka Chopra (Neha) is a single girl living in the house. Not willing to let go of such a beautiful place Abhishek convinces John to act as if they are a gay couple. Soon they find that if they apply for their residence permit in the US as a same sex couple their application will get processed in one year as opposed to the usual 5 which makes John go on his knees to ask Abhishek to file in as a gay couple. Things start going crazy as soon they both fall for Priyanka Chopra who absolutely adores them as her best friends.

My Psychobabble:
Look don't judge me here OK but I am kinda teeny weeny itsy bitsy slightly almost an minuscule amount of uncomfortable with the entire male gay concept. I am NOT against the thing I am just not comfortable with the notion. Yeah I know what you want to throw at my face now, the question about female gay-ism right? Go on then throw it, come on don't bottle it up inside its not good for health. Go on hit me with it!

The answer to that question will be that in all honesty I do not mind lesbian actions but I am not uncomfortable with the idea. Why you ask me? Well I am a guy! A real hot blooded straight guy and this is the way I am wired! Man on man stuff makes me uncomfortable but a little girl on girl action does not and that is the way I am end of discussion, finish, finale, finito.......period!

So for the first about half an hour into the movie I was like "Uh Oh! These are going to be some of toughest two hours of my life". The movie had an awesome start with the gorgeous finger licking good, too good to be real, an awesome Aphrodite re-incarnated herself Shilpa Shetty dancing on a peppy number and a surprisingly too well built John Abraham doing all sort of Baywatch stunts. But that was it. It was like watching Usain Bolt bolt get off to a staggering start only to stumble 10 seconds into the race evoking a gasp of horror from the audience expecting him to fall flat on his face....

But then if he did, he will not be Ussain Bolt would he now? And so if this movie were to fall flat on its face it will not be a freaking Karan Johar miracle! The movie soon picks up and turns into this amazing piece of work which you can not get enough off!



Everyone in the movie is just purely awesome! Abhishek Bacchan is a genius. Truly he is! This guy is finally carving his way out of the almost infinite shadow of Bacchan senior and is making his own mark on the industry. He has played his part with such perfection that it is almost impossible to think of any other actor in the industry taking his place in this role. John Abraham has done nothing more than to flash his gorgeously chiselled body but then hey! he never was much of an actor anyways! Priyanka Chopra is amazingly slim with a perfect 10 figure and when she swings that booty to the foot tapping Desi girl number you can not do anything but wolf whistle (at least I did!). I loved Kiron Kher. Some of her diaologs in the movie are priceless, simply absolutely priceless, a work of some creative maestro and in one of her scenes I am sure she actually really slaps Abhishek! Though she appears on the screen for about 20 minutes in all but those are probably the most awesome 20 minutes of the movie. Watching Boman Irani dance on the Omkara's Beedi number was seriously like being killed at the hands of someone whos is tickling you to death. You are laughing but you know this is not done, this is simply wrong! My memories of Bipasha have been ruined but oh how I liked that dance by Boman! This is another one of our industry's those actors who can do justice to any part no matter what. Bobby Deol has been overshadowed in the movie almost completely. But then I think by now in his career he must have gotten use to it anyways ;)



The direction is quite good. Barring some occassional mistakes the movie rarely gets boring and once you are over that initial "ewww" reaction to seeing Abhishek and John "manhandle" each other every 15 minutes you actually can not stop laughing. I can not remember in recent memory a movie where I laughed so hard and clapped so hard and I was not alone in doing so. Besides humor the movie has some really brilliant romantic situations that develop. Watch out for the one involving John and Priyanka when they spend her birthday alone. It is so damn cheesy but has been done in such an awesome fashion that it actually looks pretty classy. I swear I heard "Awwws" and "ooohhs" all around me (and no I wasn't joining in the noises).

Verdict:
Definitely not to be missed. If you don't have time then find it. If you don't have money apply for a credit card or a loan and if you have no company to go with, well send me a ticket and I shall come with you! I am definitely going again to watch this one!