Disclaimer: Rated 15+, strong language ahead!
Man! I have been putting this review off for one whole week! Ask me why, go on go on I wont bite. Come on give it a shot! For all you know I might manage to deliver a coherent sentence once in my life! Go on then, me waiting, ask me ask me
...

….
…..
……
…………………..?

No? Ah damn (here is when I bang my hand on my forehead) you probably did ask me! Oh well I would assume that you did and here is the answer

I have been putting of this review because ever since I started writing movie reviews this was the first time when I watched a movie and while watching I didn’t think about what I would write in my review of this movie!

Now don’t be a smart a$$ and try and ask me why I did not think about the review else I would have given the review away and basically there will not be much point in my rambling away to glory then, would it be?
Nah!

Allrighty then, back to the review and again. Let us summarize the movie in one word – BrilliantlyMadeGlueYouToTheScreenAndMakeYouForgetAboutTheReviewKindaMovie!
There! Now you know why I couldn’t think about the review while watching the movie because I was too engrossed in the movie! And hey if you are cribbing about that one word thing (my cheap ultra bad tasting joke of simply concatenating multiple words without a space) then dude (or dudette) you might as well really stop reading now else I shall not be held legally responsible if you were to go and throw yourself in front of a 18 wheeler as soon as you have read the last paragraph and if you are planning to start hunting me down with the intention of throwing moi in front of an 18 wheeler then

1. good luck trying to get a visa to Britain, you know how tough Mr. Brown is now becoming with migrants
2. good luck trying to find an 18 wheeler near my place with all the congestion charge and higher pollution charge and (coming up next in the line) breathing charge etc
3. good luck tackling me because honestly I fed even myself up, trust me you would end up ROTFL as soon as you come face to face
4. if you are still here and reading this point and thinking that you can still do that to me then damn I am scared, I apologize now please stop reading.
You didn’t stop did you *grin*
Ok getting off the tangent and back to the review, here are the



Vital Stats:
Director: Jon Favreau

Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Terrence Howard, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jeff Bridges, Samuel L. Jackson, Leslie Bibb
Length: 126min

Plot: This is the story of Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), a billionaire industrialist and genius inventor who is kidnapped by terrorists on his visit to Afghanistan and forced to build a devastating weapon. Following a life threatening accident during this kidnapping, Stark injects his nervous system with a modified techno-organic virus to save his own life. Tony then builds a high-tech suit of armour while pretending to build weapons for the terrorists and escapes captivity. Upon his return to America following his stay with in the captivity with the terrorists who kidnapped him, Mr Stark is now a changed person. He perfects his powerful armour and vows to protect the world as Iron Man. Now what exactly happens after Mr Stark becomes Iron Man is something you would have to find out in the cinema hall. If I write too much I would be giving the movie away and I don’t intend on including spoilers.


Whats Good: I think Robert Downy Jr. has played the part abso-Focking-lutely. He effortlessly gelled into the character. His body language was marvellous as was his diction and dialogue delivery. The script of the movie and the dialogues were written in a way that Robert could somehow manipulate the negative (also called zero) space around him to not only convey the written dialogue but also somehow thrust the dialogue into your head through your eyes.



Brilliantly done Robert! The movie was well balanced to make the audience concerned, laugh, disgust and be awed and trust me the entire cast and crew made sure that all the relevant emotions are delivered through both the senses (vision and sound) of the watching audience. Even an artificially intelligent character of a helping robot has been written and portrayed beautifully (talking about Xavier here).

Gwyneth looked quiet beautiful at times and did a good job. But have no doubt fellas, this was Robert’s show and man did he put on one! Here is one super hero for whom modesty is no factor at all. He is brilliant, he is good, he is awesome, he knows it all and has absolutely no qualms, apprehensions whatsoever about admitting it and hell, even enjoying it!

Whats Bad: Some aspects of the movie could have been made better. I mean after all it is a man made creation and hey when have we been perfect. I do believe that the climax could have been much better. There was no thrust in the whole climax and its execution. I was seriously expecting the Iron Man to get much better before the movie ends. Terrence Howard has played his part quiet good as well. I won’t go much into the details here as it would be giving the movie away but he has lived his part as well.

Verdict: Do go and watch the movie if you haven’t already. You don’t have to go with a neutral mindset. Go with every expectation of this movie entertaining you and I am sure you will not be disappointed.

PS: I am so glad I did not have to use my “buy two ticket” joke this time! LOL!